Wednesday 19 September 2012

Habilitation

Yesterday, I have completed my habilitation process at TU Graz. The last step was a public 45 minutes talk on

"Model-Based Mutation Testing: From Semantics to Automated Test-Case Generation"

given to the faculty of computer science and the habilitation commission. After the talk I answered questions and defended my habilitation thesis.

The habilitation thesis with the title "Model-Based Mutation Testing: Theory and Application" was submitted in January. It consists of selected papers and a survey chapter.

The survey chapter is available for download: Survey Chapter Habilitationsschrift Aichernig.

The habilitation gives me the right to lecture any topic covered by my habilitation area "Practical Computer Science and Formal Methods in Computer Science". "Practical Computer Science" includes topics like Software Engineering and Programming Languages. "Formal Methods" are mathematically based techniques for the specification, development and verification of software and hardware systems.

More details regarding the history and concept of habilitation can be found on Wikipedia.